Two Great videos. What do you think. We may feel small and inadequate but with God we can achieve amazing things.
For Myself , serving in the local church and attending bible study and home groups is a regular part of my life and to a certain extent my wife,s also ( she is not yet a Christian but loves to be involved ) – God has impacted me that i might impact the next generation and i love that.
However, sometimes i have a difficult time balancing family and ministry. It’s so easy to become over-committed and under-connected. When there is a lack of presence and priorities, relationships with God, spouses, and children suffer. This is a dangerous place to be.
If you serve in ministry in any way and have a family of your own, please take a moment to consider the following points compiled by ministry veterans.
5 Ways To Balance Family and Ministry:
1. Keep the focus on Christ: We all know it, but as the hymn says, “We are prone to wander.” Doing things for Christ in ministry is not synonymous with abiding in Him. Protect your personal time with God above everything.
2. Respect the priority of your marriage: Set a non-negotiable date night. Communicate. Do devotions together. Honor one another above yourselves. Surprise your spouse. Love him/her according to their personal love language.
3. Set boundaries: Set a limit to how many nights you are out a week doing ministry. Give your spouse veto power over your schedule. Do not miss your own kids’ events for ministry purposes. Allow ample time for rest at home, listening, and fun.
4. Set the tone in your home: Ensure that your home is a refuge of affection, warmth, and encouragement. If you are too busy, you set a tone of stress and chaos. May the Word of God be visible in your home and in your actions.
5. Be intentional with your own children: Include your kids in ministry. Allow them to enjoy the perks about serving at church. Be present when you are home. Find unique ways to encourage and celebrate them. Be creative and fun!
What practical suggestions do you have to balance family and ministry? I would love to hear your thoughts!
The last thing i want to do with my family is unintentional push them away from God and the church because of an in balance in time spent between the two.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Remember you can serve the Lord during time with your family in the way you act in the way you talk , in the way you engage with your family and those around you. When working for the church this is your front line , when at work this is your frontline for Christ and also when you are at home with loved ones this is also your frontline for Christ , so please remember that simply because you are not physically doing work for your church ( maybe preparing Sunday school teaching or attending a meeting) this does not mean you are neglecting Christ because you can be serving him in your actions in the love you show for your wife , your children and the care and compassion for those others around you.